Registered S Clinical Officer
Diploma, Clinical Medicine and Surgery
BSc Environmental Health
University Health Centre Services (UHCS)
The KAFUCO Health Services started in September, 2014 as an outpatient clinic for students, staff and their dependants.
University health staffs are always on duty to help you whether it’s time for routine regular check up, for questions relating to your health or you are feeling unwell. We are committed to providing professional, friendly medical services to our clients.
In-patient services are offered to university Staff and their dependent(s) upon referral to university appointed Hospital by the clinician on duty (Medical Officer or Clinical Officer). Staff admission into these facilities is determined by the Terms and Conditions of Service for various cadres.
In- patient services offered to KAFUCO students upon referral by a clinician are supposed to be paid by their parents or guardian hence the need for all students to enroll and register with NHIF or get a copy of NHIF contribution certificate from their sponsors.
The University College health care system is mainly funded by the government. This has played a major role towards achieving the vision, mission and set objectives for the department.
It’s important to note that KAFUCO health staffs have continued working together and supporting each other as a team towards achieving the departmental goals. This culture has ensured professional coordination and accountability in all sections in the department (Records, Clinical, Nursing, laboratory* and Pharmacy).
ALL of our health care services offered are strictly CONFIDENTIAL
Vision, Mission & Core Values
- To be the excellent quality health services provider for students, staff and their dependents.
- To be the most preferred health care services provider, maintaining highest health care standards to clients by providing quality health care that is internationally recognized.
The vision and mission can be realized by nurturing the following shared values by the UHS:
- Professionalism and ethics
- Respect for human dignity and rights
- Truthfulness, honesty and integrity
- Diligence and competence
- Efficiency and effectiveness
- Accountability and transparency
- Team work
- To provide equitable and quality health care to bona fide members
- To develop dynamic leadership and managerial skills
- To enhance organizational culture of participation, ownership and purposefulness
- To effectively utilize and manage health related resources
- To establish, strengthen and sustain policy on HIV/AIDS and VCT services
- To expand and modernize physical facilities and services- digitalization
- Our esteemed clients are divided into two main groups
- University students
- University staff and their dependents
- Suppliers of medicines, surgical items, laboratory items and medical equipment
- University appointed medical specialist (physician, Gynecologist, Pediatrician, Surgeon, Dentist etc) and Hospitals.
- The general public.
Our partners and stakeholders include:
- Government of Kenya - National and County Government.
- Ministry of medical services - National and County.
- Vihiga county referral Hospital
- Kakamega county referral Hospital
- Kapsabet County referral Hospital
- University Appointed Private Hospitals and specialist
- National Hospital Insurance Fund - NHIF
- National AIDS Control Council – University AIDS Control Unit(UACU)
- National AIDS and STI Control Program – UACU
- University non contributory medical scheme
The Senate has approved examination results for 2015/2016 Academic year. All students are required to examine and take note of the courses where they failed. Students will not be allowed to proceed to the next year of study if they failed more than 25 percent of courses taken.
Supplementary exams for failed courses will be taken when end of semester exams for the succesive cohort are offered in the respective courses.
Transcripts for those who passed all courses will be available in the Academic Affairs Office as from Tuesday, 4th September 2016. A schedule to guide how student groups may pick their transcripts will be available on notice boards on Monday, 3rd October 2016.
Assistant Registrar (Academic Affairs)
Click to download:
The May Intake students are notified that the Examinations will begin on Tuesday, 13th September, 2016 and will continue progressively.
NOTE: These are regular University Examinations for May intake ONLY but NOT for special or supplementary cases.
Click to download: KUCCPS List - 2016 KCSE Group
Click to download: KUCCPS List - 2015 KCSE Group
Kaimosi Friends University College (KAFUCO) would like to announce that the students listed have been selected into programs under which their names appear.
We are processing admission letters which will be sent directly to the respective e-mail or postal addresses submitted to KUCCPS at the time students applied for admission into University programs.
I take this opportunity to congratulate and welcome all students to pursue their studies at KAFUCO.
Find the updated kuccps admission list here: Click to download
Dr. S. W. Munda
Assistant Registrar (Academic Affairs)